How safe is the community?
Sadly, crime may be a factor anywhere a person chooses to live. Because of this it is not possible for Mid-America to say whether or not the area is safe. We attempt to minimize risk by making reasonable efforts to inform our residents of significant criminal situations that have occurred as we are notified. Local law enforcement may be contact for any specific questions. The ultimate evaluation concerning the safeness of this community is a personal one that only you can determine. Residents of this community are encouraged to notify us in writing of any criminal activity that may affect the community.
How is security handled at this community?
We stand by our commitment to make reasonable efforts to minimize risk by keeping our residents informed and aware. However, we have made a conscious decision to not use the word “secure” as it may be misleading or project a false sense of security and safety. Due to human error, mechanical malfunction, even the most sophisticated alarm systems and limited access gates cannot ensure personal safety. Security is provided by local law enforcement agencies, just as they do for any other neighborhood in the surrounding area. Services of an after-hours representative may also be contracted at times to assist property management in performing various tasks. Please note that after-hours representatives are not security guards.
How do I report suspicious activity?
To provide the fastest response possible, local law enforcement should be called immediately. You should then inform management of the situation afterwards. We encourage community awareness and urge our residents to contact us in writing
about any issue that might affect our residents.
Are my personal items covered by insurance?
Renters insurance is the best way to protect your belongings and any liability that may result from damages you may cause to community property or that of other residents. Our insurance policy does not provide coverage for your personal property.
How do I report safety concerns such as lights that are out or malfunctioning?
Should you notice any lights that are out or not functioning properly, management urges you to report it to the office immediately. We make an effort to maintain a well-lit environment at the community, but your assistance in identifying specific
areas that need attention are very beneficial.
Regarding your automobile:
• Keep your vehicle locked at all times.
• Look inside your vehicle before entering.
• Roll up windows completely.
• Do not leave valuables or packages visible in the car.
• Never leave a child in the car, unattended, even for a brief moment.
How are after hours lock-outs handled?
The community does not provide lock-out services after hours. If you should lose your keys or lock yourself out of your apartment after the offices are closed, locksmith should be called for assistance. If you have the locksmith change the lock, it is your responsibility to contact the office so that the lock may be re-keyed during regular office hours. Should your keys be lost, do not hesitate to request that your locks be re-keyed. This service will be provided to you at a minimum cost.
Who has access to my apartment?
Community employees and approved vendors will be granted access to your apartment for regular maintenance services. Usually, management provides at least a 24-hour written notice. In the case of an emergency, or upon your request, we would enter your apartment immediately.
Protecting yourself and your personal property.
• Check your smoke detector periodically to ensure that it is working.
• Grilling is not allowed on any patios or within 25 feet of any building.
• Do not leave lit candles or an active fireplace unattended. Do not leave your stove unattended while cooking.
• Keep doors and windows locked at all times, even when you are at home.
• Utilize the deadbolts that are furnished with your apartment.
• Report any door and window lock malfunction to the office immediately.
• Never sleep with doors or windows unlocked or open.
• Never open your door to anyone you do not know. Use the peephole in the door.
• Never leave children inside/outside your apartment without appropriate supervision. Never allow children to play near open windows, to ensure that they don’t fall out.
• Report any solicitors to the property office. Solicitation is not permitted at the community, unless prior arrangements have been made with managment.
• Lock your apartment securely before leaving. Do not leave your apartment unlocked, even for just a quick errand.
• Try not to walk alone at night.
• Do not hide a key under the doormat or around the door.